Direct mail is key to a robust marketing program, and is essential to keep your customers engaged and coming back to you. Creating dynamic content is necessary for a strong online presence, and finding your company’s voice will help to establish your brand identity with prospective and ongoing customers. In order to create good content it is key to cover topics that interest your customer base, explain how you can fill their needs, and why you are better than your competitors. When creating the copy for direct mail campaigns, be sure to focus on the following to make the content effective:
- speak to your clients’ needs and aspirations. Briefly explain how your product or service can fill a gap for them and improve their bottom line,
- give real world examples of business cases along with actionable steps for them to take to increase their market share,
- ensure that all of your direct mail and printed pieces share a philosophy that weaves your mission statement into the content and also adheres to your brand’s identity,
- do not overlook proper spelling and grammar, and adhere to usage rules such as tense and verb agreement, and
- present your company as a stand-out in the industry, let your clients know why working with you is their best option.
Direct mail is an important part of a comprehensive marketing strategy, and when performed well can create many business opportunities. Creative content tells your brand’s story, and informs the reader about the advantages of a partnership with you. Well written, informative, and engaging direct mail content will keep you top of mind, and establish your firm as a thought leader, and a trusted resource. Find a distinct voice, be clear and concise, and guide them to a strong working relationship.